There are a variety of Assessment Tests out there that managers use to try and determine viability of current or future salespeople. Here’s a sampling of types:
- Psychological Test
- Personality Test
- Behavioral Styles Test
- Aptitude Test
- Salesperson Evaluation Test
Most common, but a big mistake, is to use Personality and Behavioral Styles tests for salespeople. While accurate, the results do not provide answer or actions that management can use for selection/recruitment, coaching and development. An effective assessment tool must answer the following questions:
- What makes a particularly salesperson successful?
- What makes a particular salesperson unsuccessful?
- Can this salesperson improve or not?
- In what specific areas must the improvement take place?
- Which obstacles are preventing sales success?
- How much improvement can we expect?
- What actions must be taken for improvement?
- How do the problems impact their performance in the field?
- What sales competencies are impacted?
If you want to accurately predict which existing salespeople or hiring candidates will succeed in a particular sales position, at your company, selling your products or services, into your target market, against your competition, with your pricing model, performance requirements and compensation package, there is only one assessment tool that will provide this.
Contact us to learn more about a proven and affordable and comprehensive salesperson/team assessment test.